Difference between revisions of "Sakai: Warpwire"
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
to , and audio files.
details [[Audio Recommendations]].
Revision as of 13:53, 15 October 2021
- 1 Warpwire (Create and embed videos in Sakai)
- 1.1 Getting Started
- 1.2 Warpwire Basics
- 1.3 Classroom Lecture Recording with Warpwire
- 1.4 Allowing Your Students to Create and Share Videos
- 1.5 Importing Warpwire Content to Another Site
- 1.6 More Tips & How-to's
- 1.7 Recommendations for Instructors
- 1.8 Student Instructions
Warpwire (Create and embed videos in Sakai)
Warpwire is a streamlined, easy-to-use tool that allows instructors to quickly create and display videos in their Sakai courses.
- After an instructor adds the Warpwire tool to their Sakai course, their course is assigned its own "Media Library".
- In the Sakai Text Editor, such as in Lessons, instructors can click on the Warpwire icon on the Text Editor toolbar, create a video, and display their video to their students. The video is stored in the course Media Library.
- Warpwire's web browser requirements
- How to turn on Warpwire in your course site
- You only need to activate Warpwire once in each Sakai course.
- How do I create a selfie and upload it to Sakai
- How do I create a screencast and upload it to Sakai
- How do I upload a video from my mobile device?
- How do I upload a video and embed in Sakai
- Narrating PowerPoints and Sharing Them on Warpwire
- How do I find out if students are watching my video?
- Warpwire FAQ
Classroom Lecture Recording with Warpwire
By default, your students can not see your videos in your course's Media Library, nor can they add videos to it. Please review the instructions below to make the necessary updates.
Importing Warpwire Content to Another Site
When you import course content from one Sakai site to another, there are additional steps you must take to ensure that your Warpwire content will be viewable by students in the new site. See detailed instructions below.
More Tips & How-to's
- How do I choose a different or custom thumbnail (the default video or media image)
- How to remove (delete) a video from a Media Library
- How to adjust microphone input level on Windows 10 (PDF)
Recommendations for Instructors
Warpwire is a powerful video creation tool for embedding your videos in Sakai; but you must follow our recommendations to display your videos correctly to your students. Also, we recommend that you NOT use Warpwire to store images and do NOT use the tool to create audio files. We've explained why below!
- We strongly recommend that you EMBED Warpwire videos in Sakai; do NOT "link" to them. Why?
- Embedded videos in Lessons will be imported and will display to students in other classes; imported links to Warpwire videos will not work for students.
- If you embed videos in tools other than Lessons, after import, you'll need to update the embedded video "links". After import, only Warpwire videos embedded in Lessons are displayed to students.
- Though Warpwire allows you to upload images to your Media Library, we recommend using Sakai's image button rather than Warpwire to insert (embed) your images in Sakai. Why?
- In Sakai, you can add alt text to your images. In Warpwire, you can NOT add alt text to images. Right now, Sakai images can be made accessible; your Warpwire images can not .
Both Warpwire and Sakai have pros and cons related to creating, embedding and copying audio files. Please see details Warpwire Audio Recommendations.
- Due to the nature of emails, do not embed (display) videos in your Sakai emails (or any emails).
- Warpwire's Live Broadcast feature is not supported at this time.