Warpwire (Create and embed videos and audio files in Sakai)
Warpwire is a streamlined, easy-to-use tool that allows instructors to quickly create and display videos in their Sakai courses.
- After an instructor adds the Warpwire tool to their Sakai course, their course is assigned its own "Media Library".
- In the Sakai Text Editor, such as in Lessons, instructors can click on the Warpwire icon on the Text Editor toolbar, create a video, and display their video to their students. The video is stored in the course Media Library.
- Warpwire's web browser requirements
- How to turn on Warpwire in your course site
- You only need to activate Warpwire once in each Sakai course.
- Warpwire Basics Workshop Handout (PDF)
- Screencasting with Warpwire (PDF)
- Screencasting with Warpwire With One Monitor (PDF)
- Narrating PowerPoints and Sharing Them on Warpwire
Importing Warpwire Content to Another Site
When you import course content from one Sakai site to another, there are additional steps you must take to ensure that your Warpwire content will be viewable by students in the new site. See detailed instructions below.
More Tips & How-to's
- Tips for Creating Multimedia for Instruction (PDF)
- How to adjust microphone input level on Windows 10 (PDF)
- How to create a selfie and display it in Sakai
- How to create a screencast in Sakai
- IMPORTANT: In Chrome, after you select the area you would like to capture (by clicking on either the “Entire Screen” or “Specific Window” image) the Share button may be hidden in the lower right corner. You may need to drag the right side of the dialog box to make it wider to see the Share button.
- How do I clip my video or audio file?
- How to upload a video/audio in Sakai
- How do I upload a video from my mobile device?
- How do I find out if students are watching my video or audio podcast?
- How do I choose a different or custom thumbnail (the default video or media image)
Recommendations for Instructors
- Though Warpwire allows you to upload images to your Media Library, we recommend using Sakai’s image button rather than Warpwire to insert (embed) your images in Sakai.
- When you need to create audio content, we recommend using Warpwire’s audio recorder.
- Your students can continue using Sakai's audio recorder.
- Due to the nature of emails, do not embed (display) videos in your Sakai emails.
- Warpwire’s Live Broadcast feature is not supported at this time.