Sakai: Tests & Quizzes
From DurhamtechWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tests & Quizzes
- With the Tests & Quizzes tool, you can create online tests, practice exercises, surveys, and other forms of assessment.
- Question types can include multiple choice, fill in the blank, matching, essay, and more.
- Below are detailed instructions for creating online assessments, publishing them so students can take them, grading them, and more.
- Assessments can be created question by question, or through already prepared text called "markup text".
- Sakai 21 User Guide: Tests and Quizzes
- Creating Tests
- Publishing Tests
- Grading Tests
Tips to Encourage Academic Honesty
- Tips to Minimize Technical Problems and Deter Cheating on Online Tests (PDF)
- Webinar Recording: When Good Students Make Bad Decisions: The Psychology of Why Students Cheat
- (Presented 9/22/2021 by Dr. David Rettinger, University of Mary Washington)
- Small, Scalable Changes for Improving Academic Integrity (Univ of Mary Washington)
- Academic Integrity Checklist for Instructors (PDF)
Proctoring Options at Durham Tech
Online, automated proctoring
Proctorio is an online, AI driven remote proctoring solution available in Sakai. To learn more about Proctorio, and to request it for your Online or Blended/Hybrid course, please visit the sites below:
Working with Question Pools
- What is a question pool?
- How do I create a question pool?
- How do I add a question to a question pool?
- How do I copy questions from the question pool into an assessment?
- How do I set up a random question set?
Advanced Topics / Special Situations
- Allowing Extra Time on Tests
- Allowing Students to Retake an Active Test or Quiz
- Retrieving Student Tests
- Using the Event Log in Tests & Quizzes
- Importing (copying) One Assessment to Another Course
- Using the Tests and Quizzes User Activity Report
- Using the Tests & Quizzes tool to Create a Survey Sakai