Sakai: Tests & Quizzes
From DurhamtechWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tests & Quizzes
- With the Tests & Quizzes tool, you can create online tests, practice exercises, surveys, and other forms of assessment.
- Question types can include multiple choice, fill in the blank, matching, essay, and more.
- Below are detailed instructions for creating online assessments, publishing them so students can take them, grading them, and more.
- Assessments can be created question by question, or through already prepared text, "markup text".
- Sakai 19 User Guide: Tests and Quizzes
- How to Create Online Tests: Video | Handout
- How to Publish a Test or Quiz: Video | Handout
- How to Grade Tests: Video | Handout
Best Practices for Testing in Online and Hybrid Courses
- Best Practices for Tests and Quizzes (pdf)
- Tips to Minimize Technical Problems and Deter Cheating (pdf)
- TLC live webinar 3/29/17: How to Create Randomized Tests in Sakai with Pools (54:15 min)
- Description: Pools are another tool you can add to your tool kit to deter online cheating. By creating test pools in Sakai and using “random draw,” instructors can deliver a unique test to each student.
- Presented by: Wilma Hodges, Director, Training & eLearning Initiatives at Longsight, Inc.
- Sakai 19 User Guide: What is a Question Pool?
Advanced Topics / Special Situations
- Allow Extra Time on Tests (or Extend the Due Date) for Selected Students (PDF)
- How do I allow a student to retake an ACTIVE test or quiz (before the due or late acceptance date)
- How can an instructor retrieve student tests that were saved but not submitted?
- How do I view student statistics after they've completed a test or quiz?
- What is the Tests and Quizzes Event log?
- What is the Tests and Quizzes User Activity Report?
- Get student name, submit date/time, and test score