Sakai: Tests & Quizzes
From DurhamtechWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tests & Quizzes
- With the Tests & Quizzes tool, you can create online tests, practice exercises, surveys, and other forms of assessment.
- Question types can include multiple choice, fill in the blank, matching, essay, and more.
- Below are detailed instructions for creating online assessments, publishing them so students can take them, grading them, and more.
- Assessments can be created question by question, or through already prepared text called "markup text".
- Sakai 21 User Guide: Tests and Quizzes
- Creating Tests
- Publishing Tests
- Grading Tests
Tips to Encourage Academic Honesty
- Tips to Minimize Technical Problems and Deter Cheating on Online Tests (PDF)
- Webinar Recording: When Good Students Make Bad Decisions: The Psychology of Why Students Cheat
- (Presented 9/22/2021 by Dr. David Rettinger, University of Mary Washington)
- Small, Scalable Changes for Improving Academic Integrity (Univ of Mary Washington)
- Academic Integrity Checklist for Instructors (PDF)
Proctoring Options at Durham Tech
Online, automated proctoring
[| Proctorio] is an online, AI driven remote proctoring solution available in Sakai. To learn more about Proctorio, and to request it for your Online or Blended/Hybrid course, please visit the sites below:
Working with Question Pools
- What is a question pool?
- How do I create a question pool?
- How do I add a question to a question pool?
- How do I copy questions from the question pool into an assessment?
- How do I set up a random question set?
Advanced Topics / Special Situations
- Allowing Extra Time on Tests
- Allowing Students to Retake an Active Test or Quiz
- Retrieving Student Tests
- Using the Event Log in Tests & Quizzes
- Importing (copying) One Assessment to Another Course
- Using the Tests and Quizzes User Activity Report
- Using the Tests & Quizzes tool to Create a Survey Sakai