Meetings: Student User Features
Meetings: Student (Participant) User Features
The Sakai Meetings tool is where you can participate in "live" class meetings online.
Find out what you need to be prepared, join and participate in Meetings, the Sakai web conferencing tool.
What device, browser and equipment is recommended?
How do I join a meeting?
- Find out how to join a Sakai meeting via a desktop (YouTube video)
- Find out how to join a Sakai meeting via a mobile device (YouTube video)
What can I do in a meeting?
- Join audio (with or without a microphone, plus troubleshooting tips)
- Share a webcam
- Make webcams "bigger"
- Send public and private chat messages
- Participate during a session
- Access the Options menu (Settings, Help, Hotkeys, and Logout)
Where can I find the recording after a meeting?
If your instructor records the meeting, here's where you'll find the recording:
- Click Meetings in your class Sakai site, and then click the Recordings tab.
- Note: Recordings do not appear immediately at the end of the meeting. It make be a few hours before it is available.
What if I lose connectivity in a meeting?
Refresh your browser if you get disconnected (or if things don't seem to be working).
- check your internet connection
- try logging in with a different browser or on a different device
Go to Sakai Help for Students
Take me back to the Meetings Home page.