Create Videos using YouTube’s My Webcam Tool
YouTube’s My Webcam tool is a free tool you can use to record short videos using a webcam. Instructors could record videos and add them to Sakai courses to introduce yourself to students in your classes. Or introduce weekly lessons or assignments.
To record a video you’ll need:
- Gmail account
- Webcam (some webcams have built in microphones)
- Microphone (if your webcam doesn’t have a microphone)
- Flash installed on your computer
Tip: Before recording your video it’s a good idea to write a script. Save the script as a text file. You can use your script to add captions to your video.
Record and upload a YouTube video
- YouTube’s My Webcam web site: www.youtube.com/my_webcam
- Log in with a Gmail account
- Record a video. Instructions for recording a video: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57409?hl=en